Monday 16 May 2016

Exhibit - Planning Cardboard Cutout, Vinyl Stickers and invitations for End of Year Show

For my end of year show I want to promote and show off my final major project, and what better way to do this than with a Cardboard Cutout!

I only researched into the local printing businesses so that if there was a problem with the printing, I could easily take it back to the company and fix the problem. I did however look into online printing companies such as vista print, which were not as expensive as I had originally thought, round about £40, but the problem here would be if the design was offset or printed in the wrong colour, it would be difficult to solve and return.

I looked into Hobs Reprographics, near the centre of Leeds who are highly rated and quite close. They have made quite a few cardboard cut outs however I don't think I would be able to obtain one for any cheaper than £40 if I am extremely lucky. Having made a prototype Cardboard Cut out in high school, I believe that the best course of action would be to obtain some foam board, about 3-4ft if possible, spray mount the design onto the board and use the laser cutter in woodwork to precisely cut out the design. Not only would this be less expensive it would most likely be quicker than sending the design out to be printed.  

Cardboard cut out design, main stance from the animation.


Making vinyl stickers would be quite simple, as we have the resources at the college, however it all depends on the expense of the printing. I don't have to make these for the end of year show as I believe what is more important is the business cards, leaflets and cardboard cutout. However having vinyl stickers or even badges would be a nice addition. This would be something that I would have to organise during the preparation of the studio space, to ensure that I have a booking in the digital print resource and to decide whether or not to print these elements. 

This year I want to send invitations to animation studios that I have already visited and plan to visit. I want to create invitations that I can send in the mail as it is different and more interesting than just receiving an email. I need to plan the content, with the design and layout, as well as the text which I want to be fun and slightly informal. I want to send these invitations as soon as possible, to ensure that each studio receives them with enough time to be able to attend. I will be making invitations during the preparation of the end of year show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment