Wednesday 18 May 2016

Updating Social Media - Meet Up Motion North

During a tutorial with my tutor, he mentioned Motion North, which is a gathering of animators in Manchester, which occurs every so often. This is a fantastic local opportunity to meet up with animation industry practitioners and studios to talk about animation, hopefully showcasing some of my work for critique and ultimately promoting my work. The next meet up is in July which I will be attending, I am quite nervous but extremely excited.

Through joining the Motion North group, I had to sign up for a site called 'Meet Up' which is much like Eventbrite, which the university uses for Career Track Tuesdays and visiting professionals etc. There aren't as many local events on Meet Up in comparison to Event Brite however I did immediately find York events, which is quite near my home town. I will be attending these events in York as it will help to build up my confidence and my networking skills as a practitioner.






No comments:

Post a Comment